Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend 2/20-2/22

Phew! What a weekend! I seriously thought that I was going to have more down time, but the good thing is that I finished BOTH of the papers that I have due in the next couple of days! Yay! Hopefully that means that I get to catch my breath.

Friday Night:

Before I headed home, I grabbed a Pumpkin Pie bar and an apple for the road.

For dinner, we decided to go to Plaza. Plaza Tapatia is my favorite Mexican restaurant, period. They have the best homemade salsa and everything else on the menu is amazing. One of my favorites is the shrimp quesadilla, but I decided to go for the two chicken tacos with rice and beans.

We started out with that amazing salsa and chips. Plus the white sauce, which no one really seems to be able to identify, but it's soooo good :)

And the main course (there are 2 tacos).

For dessert (not pictured), I was fed some cookies and cream ice cream. Definitely didn't need it, but it was good :)

Saturday:

We woke up ridiculously, embarassingly late, so the whole day sort of got skewed. Breakfast was a bowl of Raisin Bran crunch with 1% milk and 1 1/2 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread with margarine.

Gustl and I both needed to get school work done so we headed over to campus. I had a Soy Vanilla Latte and a Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Almond Granola Bar for my study snacks.

After a few hours of work (and finishing my first paper!) we decided to FINALLY see Slumdog Millionaire. Before the movie, we picked up some Japanese Take-out. We both got the Chicken and Shrimp Terriyaki with vegetables and rice. I hadn't had it for a while and it was delicious!

The movie was so good! Everyone should see it. During the movie, I had some chocolate, but it was too dark for pictures :(

Sunday:

Today we made sure to wake up earlier! Gustl made french toast with the cinnamon raisin bread. I had it with margarine and a Fiber One peach yogurt. He's a good cook :)

Back to campus to study again. I had another latte, and finished my other paper.

We were so excited, because today we decided to use the one-day Sam's Club pass. Gustl is in love with their pizza, so we'd had a plan to eat that for lunch.

The funny thing is that we didn't buy anything. I just couldn't see myself actually finishing anything! Plus, I'm so fickle and I need to switch up my products a lot.

On the way home I grabbed a fruit cup and an Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Clif bar from Wawa. Again, I didn't get a picture because of travel (I've been bad about it this weekend!!).

For dinner, I was feeling pretty lazy and tired, so I just had a SmartOnes Thai Style Chicken and Rice Noodles. Not wonderful, not horrible. More sodium than I'd like, but what can you expect from most frozen meals?

I really need to pull my stuff together for tomorrow. Still need to proof my paper and print. Have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment