Thursday, February 12, 2009

Goulash!

It's hard to buckle down on Thursday nights because I know that I don't have classes on Fridays. Senioritis, maybe?

In my internet travels, I came across a couple of cool things. Apparently, eggs are okay again. I'm glad, because I usually don't feel too guilty about eating them (and this totally validates me!).

AND! Look how cool this is! Having a boyfriend who is a pizza aficionado makes me pretty keen on anything pizza-related :)

I wanted to cook something with ground turkey, so I checked out Allrecipes and found a basic recipe for goulash. I'm not going to lie; I was totally attracted to this because of the word "goulash". And now I can say, "Yeah, I made goulash last night."

Anyways... I used:
  • 2 oz. lean ground turkey
  • ~1/2 can of diced tomatoes
  • ~4 T. of tomato sauce
  • 1 packet splenda
  • basil (to taste)
  • 2 oz. elbow macaroni
  • 1 T. grated parmesan
I browned the turkey and added everything else except the pasta. Simmer that for about 15 min. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta. Add it to the sauce and toss. Top with parm.

I have never had goulash, but this was pretty good. Not "pretty," but good. Not sure if it was too much different than a meat sauce, except it was sweetened and cooked down.

After dinner I had my (fairly customary) mug o' cocoa.

Plus about to snack on some more kisses.

I am so psyched about going to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's tomorrow! Does anyone else get super excited about grocery shopping?

1 comment: