Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Help Center love.

I really do enjoy being at Help Center. It’s so nice to be around a group of people who all want to help others and are genuinely compassionate. It’s so refreshing. I truly love volunteering here and having the opportunity to affect people's lives in a positive way :)

I had brought a couple of snacks with me for my shift. One of them I didn’t really end up getting in to; I made cream cheese and apricot cracker sandwiches, but I only ended up eating one.

I was WAY more concerned with getting into my vanilla Chobani and topping it with one of my granola bars. No one on my shift had ever tried Greek yogurt, so I let them all try some and they were amazed at how interesting the texture is.

I led some yoga for about 20 minutes while I was there for a couple of my friends who haven’t really tried it before. It was fun, but I felt a little spastic trying to figure out what moves to do. I think they liked it though :)

For dinner, I really wasn’t super hungry. I decided to make a TJ’s Chicken Chile Lime Burger. I served it on a wheat bun with avocado and tomato. Pretty darn good! I wanted to have a side of veggies, too, but I really wasn’t that hungry. Weird. I'm glad that I'm getting better at listening to my body, though.

Of course, I have to have my sweet before bed. I'm drinking my customary cocoa right now :)

Time to plan out my tomorrow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment