Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cookies and milk.

I typically like to bake at times when I know that I can get the baked goods out of the house or when I know that Gustl or my roommates will eat them. Tonight was a combo of both :)

This is my recipe for Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies. I used Smart Balance instead of butter, but I think butter would let the cookies hold up better. Also, adjust the cinnamon to your liking-- more will make them a little spicier.

  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. white sugar
  • 1/4 c. egg substitute (or 1 egg)
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 c. + 2 T. flour
  • 1/4 t. baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat to 325*. Cream together first 3 ingredients. Add egg and vanilla. Mix the next 3 ingredients in another bowl. Slowly mix dry into wet ingredients. Mix in oats and cinnamon. Mix in chips. Bake about 12 minutes on a greased baking sheet.

And then you get these:


And then I eat 2 of them... and some batter along the way. And some milk for dunking, of course.

Also had some cocoa earlier. And the mug is totally for Julie.

Back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Great cookies! My cookies turned out better than I expected. I got inspired to try different recipes after ordering some of the best chocolate chip cookies ever from this company online called Shelby's Gourmet Cookies at www.shelbyscookies.com. I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete