Monday, February 9, 2009

Right on Target.

POOR COLLEGE STUDENT EXCITEMENT OF THE DAY:
Free One-Day passes for Sam's Club! I always want to go so I can stock up, but no one I know has a membership! Now I just need to really plan this out so I can make the most out of it...

The weird thing about living in a more urban area than where I grew up is that there are so many more stores. Instead of driving 30 minutes to Target, I can choose from 3 Targets within 10 minutes of my house in CP. I need to make an exchange, so I may be scoping out all 3 this week...

Before my boring class, I had a plain yogurt with sliced strawberries, slivered almonds, and Splenda. It was yummy, but I was running late so it was kinda rushed.

Yikes, I need to work on these photos...

So of course by the time I got home around 7, I was way hungry. I decided to try to make a low-fat macaroni and cheese, adapting some old WW recipes. I used:

4 oz. Enriched Elbow Macaroni
2/3 c. skim milk
2 t. flour
dash salt
1/3 c. shredded 2% cheddar
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 c. spinach
dash hot sauce

Cook the pasta by the box directions and drain. Whisk together the milk, flour and salt and heat to boiling over medium heat, then reduce to low and stir often. Coat a pan with cooking spray and cook mushrooms and spinach until tender. Add the milk mixture to the pasta and combine, then add cheese and vegetables. Add hot sauce to taste. Yields 2 servings.


Admittedly, it wasn't the most flavorful recipe, but it was comforting and pretty healthy. You could definitely add more cheddar to pump up the cheesiness.

Cup of sugar-free cocoa has been keeping me focused on all my work. A lot of Community Health homework tonight.


I'm about to crack into my Vanilla Bean Almonds. They're so yummy and I love the portion control window on the side of the canister.. Hopefully I can catch up on reading and head to bed at a reasonable hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment