Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pumping it up.

What a long day! But it was also really fast... make sense?

After classes I went to the gym and did 60 minutes on the stationary bike. This is a pretty big deal for me, because I don't think I've ever done a workout by myself for that long (excluding yoga). I'm pretty sure it kept me pumped all day :)

Yoga was hard today, though! Maybe because of my long workout? We did a lot of core and upper body work, and my arms were feeling it! We'll see how I feel in the a.m.!

For dinner, I met my friend Dana at the student union. We decided to try Saladworks, since neither of us had tried it yet. I got the Newport salad (romaine/iceberg blend, black olives, chopped eggs, tomatoes, shrimp, tuna) with lite caesar and a wheat roll.

Overall, it was meh. A good choice for the food court, but nothing too special. It WAS a big salad, though, and filling. Good salad, not great salad.

Back at home, I picked up with my weekly baking :) Tonight I decided to make a granola bar recipe that I adapted from a recipe on Allrecipes.
Flax and Berry Granola Bars
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ground flax
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup TJ's Golden Berry Blend
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350*. Combine all ingredients through salt. Make a well and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix with your hands and spread into a 9"x13" greased baking pan. Bake 15-20, until edges begin to brown.

Very yummy! I had 2 :)

Mmm, I love how you can see the flax:

Alrighty, time to get things together for another day. Have a good night!

WO Stats: 60 min stationary bike, 60 min yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment