Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun news and fun eats.

Hello all!  Excited about the weekend?  I am, since it's my last one before classes start on Wednesday.  I still need to do some reading (grad school is a lot less fun on winter break than undergrad was).  A quick post, because I have a lot of plans for the day.


Wednesday night:

I might Ina's Chicken Picatta with stuffed zucchini.  



This was really good, but I think I like the parmesan chicken better.  Luckily I'll be making that this week, too :)

Yesterday's eats:

Cranberry oatmeal (and an apple).









The lunch I brought to work; stuffed zucchini, grapes, carrots, pumpernickel pretzels, and a trail mix bar.





And dinner, which was mushroom ravioli from Trinacria with garlic bread and broccoli.




And dessert for the past 2 nights has been a single No-Pudge brownie with a little bit of vanilla ice cream.  Best thing ever.  Way better than my lava cake debacles.




I also shared some popcorn with G last night.  It's been nice that we can spend more quality time together over my break.  We need to keep it up when classes start and I have all my readings and assignments :(

Fun news!  I had been looking to join a book club for a while now because I never feel like I have time to read for pleasure any more.  First Kat started talking about the book club that she belongs to, and then before I knew it a convo had started and Ashley had found this awesomely perfect book club!  It's called the Slow Readers' Book Club and I am totally in.  The first book that we're reading is Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.  I need to get the book!  But I'll keep you posted and let me know if you're doing it, too!

Alrighty guys, have a great Friday!  And go Ravens!  (Note to my parents: Please don't kill me for becoming a Ravens fan.  I live too close to M&T for this to have not happened.  I am still a primary Redskins fan, but they need to get their acts together, anyway.)