Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I did it!

Hello there!  I had my first class of the semester this morning, which is actually continued from last semester.  It was okay, but I don't really like the professor's style or the material (macro social work, not for me).  I'll do a quick recap of the past few days in food.

I made Ina's portobello mushroom lasagna.



This is good, but I don't know if I'd make it again.  Especially because G wouldn't touch it :(

AND A SUCCESSFUL lava cake!




I found the recipe that I used originally.  No more failure lava cakes!

Monday morning I had some Wegmans brand Fall Harvest cereal because I forgot to buy instant oatmeal :(




Cold cereal just doesn't feel filling to me anymore.

Lunch was leftover lasagna, but you don't need another picture of that!  I also had some almonds and a brownie at a staff meeting at the hospital.

For dinner, I had a slice of white pizza that I picked up from Wegmans with an acorn squash with margarine and brown sugar.


 

I was going to get a spaggheti squash, but G really wanted pizza so I compromised with the acorn.

Dessert was frozen yogurt with strawberries and coconut.




Yesterday morning I made stovetop oats with banana, maple syrup, brown sugar, peanut butter, and granola.




Yum.  An oldie but a goodie.

My packed lunch consisted of a ginger terriyaki veggie cake, apple, tangerine, yogurt, pretzels, and a granola bar.  The celery didn't get eaten.




For dinner last night, I made chicken crunch and rutabaga with caramelized onions and apples.



Neither one was too great, in my opinion.  I hate leftovers that aren't appealing.

This morning I had an english muffin with peanut butter, except I only ate half because the dog jumped up and put his paw in one.




I ate an apple instead.  And I brought this to class.





Pre-workout, I had a yogurt.



Post-workout lunch I had some brown rice and dal makhani from TJ's.




I'm being specific about pre and post workout because I have a huge question about workout eating.  I got up yesterday at 6 am and worked out before I went to the hospital.  Yes, me!  I have NEVER done that before.  But it actually felt really good and I want to keep doing it!  Except for the fact that a couple minutes before I was going to end my workout, I started to feel incredibly sick.  I got off the machine and went to sit down like I was stretching and after a little bit it passed.  It felt like I was going to vomit or pass out or something (sorry for those with weak stomachs).  I'm thinking it might be because I didn't eat anything before I went?  Or maybe not enough water?  Or both. 

But what do you eat as a pre-workout snack?  Especially before breakfast?  I'm thinking something with complex carbs and a little bit of protein, like a piece of PB toast.  I'm getting Vitamuffins soon, so maybe they'll be good.  Thanks as always for answering my questions!