Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The day that wasn't... and Rosina Gourmet

I was going to talk a lot in the post about my frustrations with myself over the past couple of days.  I have been snacking a little too much and a little too freely.  I do not feel like much has changed in terms of my weight loss or overall lifestyle.  In fact, I just feel sort of blah.  But I want to just leave it at that mini-vent session and just move on.  I'll leave yesterday undocumented, since I didn't take a lot of pics anyway and all I can do is just keep trying, right?


Now that that's out of my system ;)


I had some oatmeal for breakfast this morning.  I think my favorite instant oatmeal is Wegmans brand.  This is 365 and it's still pretty good.




I had a chocolate Vitatop during class (well, when I left class during break. oops.).  I got a lot of little errands done this morning and that always feels good!

I decided that I wanted to use the Groupon that I got for Rosina Gourmet today.  I had never even heard of it before I got the deal, but there's one Downtown and one in Canton.  We went to the one Downtown.  It was sort of in an office building off of Lombard Street.  There were a lot of people in suits eating in there.  They had a lot of different types of drinks and chips.  They even had a chardonnay soda!?  Rosina seemed pretty popular.  So popular that they had run out of soup!  I was planning on getting some, so I changed my order to a grilled vegetable sandwich and we took it to go.  G got a mozzarella sandwich.



This was a really yummy sandwich.  Both sandwiches were cold so we heated them up.  This had some great veggies and seasonings and wasn't too oily like some grilled veggies can be.  The bread was pretty good, too.  G really liked the mozzarella sandwich.  They weren't huge, but I couldn't have eaten a bigger one.  We split a bag of Buffalo Bleu Kettle Chips that we bought there.  I think I would go back, but I would want to try something different.

Rosina Gourmet on Urbanspoon

I also had a kiwi.



Have I mentioned that my puppy has been a little bit of a troublemaker lately?  This morning, I left him alone for a minute and came back to this:


He had completely torn apart his toy "Moosie" and ripped his head off.  You can even see some stuffing in his mouth there.  Oh boy.  As you can see, he still has a lot of other toys.

Thanks again to all of my readers and blog buddies.  I love your feedback and support!