Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Handling my free time.

I am really not good at posting when I get home from my internship.  I'm not good at working out on those days either.  I wonder how I'll manage it when I switch to 3x per week next year.  Or even when I get a really job.  Yikes.  I need to start getting my habits and life more scheduled!


Yesterday was pretty unremarkable in food.  Cranberry oatmeal for breakfast.



I packed some curried chicken salad, pretzels, carrots, grapes, and yogurt for during the day.  Plus an apple on the drive to the hospital.





For dinner, I made more TJ's Powerhouse salad.  It's really great!  Try it if you can.





And a little french bread pizza with a lot less cheese than usual and no oil.  Gotta stick to those resolutions.  I think I'm already noticing some progress!



This morning was a bit of a repeat, but no apple.  I just don't get as hungry when I'm home as when I work.  Not like I'm really doing anything physical there.





When I got back from the gym, I had some yogurt with almonds.





And lunch was some delicious leftovers of Ina's Mexican soup with avocado, veggie and flax tortilla chips, and a Morning Star terriyaki ginger veggie cake.




Mmm soup is always better the next day.  I'm making another Ina recipe tonight, so I'm excited!

I need to go pick up a couple of my books later on.  One of my profs already wants us to be reading :(  I guess I'm ready to start classes next week, but I love my free time!

What's a simple way that you like to have fun or relax to take full advantage of your vacation time?