Monday, January 25, 2010

One down.. and 7 things!

First day of my first full week back?  Done!  I'm not exactly sure how busy I'm going to be this semester, but I think I'm doing a good job of organizing everything.  I have my assignments written out through the end of the year!  Speaking of that, I need to catch up on reading... but I'll go over food first!


I had a Blue Bran Vitatop before my workout this morning.  I've had that flavor a few times before, but it's a classic!  Breakfast was 1 packet of apple cinnamon oatmeal (usually I eat 2) and an apple.




Lunch was leftover broccoli and pasta with some parmesan cheese.


Some fruit salad.



 Then my new obsession: an Otterbein cookie.  Baltimore has some good cookies!




G must think so, too because the cookies are all gone!  And I only had 2 between today and yesterday!  Hmmm.... ;)

Before my second class, I had some fruit snacks and a trail mix bar that I took with me.



I had some applesauce bread (which I'm now regretting) while I was cooking dinner.  I made 2 personal lasagnas with roasted brussels sprouts and bread.




I got the recipe from Weight Watchers magazine.  It was really good!  No mozzarella cheese and fat-free ricotta, plus a lot of veggies.  I didn't think something so low-fat would be so good!


Last, but not least, I am really honored to have been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Katharine at From A to Pink.  It's been great talking to bloggers in the Baltimore area since we moved here and has definitely made my transition easier.  For this, I'm supposed to list 7 things that you might not know about me.  Here it goes:


1.  I have acted and done theater since I was 7.  I did a lot of shows in high school and then almost majored in theater, but finally settled on psychology instead.
2.  I have 7 ear piercings.  I used to have those and an industrial piercing.  Right now, I only put in 4 earrings (first 2 holes).
3.  I got a job the day after I turned 14 (the legal age to work in Maryland).  I have worked as a hostess, a waitress, an ice cream scooper, an employee at a ceramics studio/bead bar, a telecounselor, and currently a family crisis worker.
4.  Two of my front teeth are fake.  I was born with a genetic trait that made them not grow in to full-size and I got crowns when I was 17.
5.  I am from Ocean City, MD.  When I moved away for college it took me a long time to get used to living in a real place and not a resort town (what? restaurants here are open in the winter?).
6.  We have trained our five-month old puppy to high 5, shake, sit, lie down, crawl, roll over, play dead, and go to his crate.  I am most happy with high 5.
7.  When I was little, I had long, curly ringlets.  Then when I got older they sort of just straightened out.  Now it's wavy, but I'm definitely no Shirley Temple!

I also need to nominate 7 more bloggers!  I wish I could nominate everyone, but I'm calling on:
1. Jill
2. Michelle
3. Ashley
4. Lara
5. Lauren
6. Erica
7. Sonia

I love the blogging community, and these ladies have been especially supportive and helpful since I've been back after my summer hiatus.  I can't wait to learn your 7 things :)

And now, enough with the procrastinating!  I need to read!