Sunday, January 3, 2010

I love Sundays.

Today was the perfect Sunday for me; I got up and drank coffee with Sunday Morning, got a lot of chores done and crossed things off of my to-do list, baked, and generally relaxed.


I woke up to oatmeal (nothing better when it's cold! Except maybe pancakes...).







I went to the gym and just walked on the treadmill because I'm feeling a little sore.  But I thought that something was better than nothing.  Ollie was in a mood

all day today.





I had some leftover mashed potatoes for lunch.  No gravy because it didn't really microwave well :(




Later on I had an apple and peanut butter.



We had some strawberries that I had bought and were getting ready to turn, so I decided to make some strawberry pecan scones that I based off of this recipe.




  They turned out really yummy!  And multiply that by 2.  I should know better than to leave stuff out; it always gets eaten :p

I also put up some shelves and decorations that I had bought a while ago.  1. They might be crooked and the pics make them look worse.  2. I'm not sure if they look cheesy.  I'm definitely open to comments!



For dinner I made chicken scarpariello with egg noodles. 




I've been really proud of myself with chicken lately!  I haven't been burning it or overcooking it or anything!

I also forgot that I had some asparagus, so I roasted it and ate half.




With a little parmesan cheese.  I think that asparagus is moving up on my veggies list.  I really want to try making artichokes because I've been reading about them in Julie and Julia.

Now I'm just finishing out my Sunday with some cocoa.  This week is back to the hospital and then I'm taking a class next weekend, plus all the various appointments and such.  I don't want to leave my vacation!!  Back to the real world...