Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed in.

Did anyone else get a big snow yesterday?  Funny enough, my parents on the Eastern Shore got 10-12", which NEVER happens.  I'm sure the shore is in a state of shock.  We got a few inches; just enough to be annoying in my opinion.  Can you tell I'm a summer girl?


Yesterday for lunch I tried out one of the soups that Amy's recently sent me.  I haven't tried many of Amy's products besides soups, but I really need to.  I love that their ingredients are all REAL and the taste is fresh.  I always hear good things about their frozen entrees.  Yesterday I had the Hearty Spanish Rice and Red Beans.



It was really good.  Thick and spicy like a nice chili.  I did add some hot sauce to it because I like food to have a little more kick than the average person, but it really didn't need it.  Yum I can't wait to try the others.  Thanks Amy's!

I also had a pomegranate Chobani with granola.


I've had this flavor before and I love it.  All of their yogurt tastes like you added the fruit to it yourself.  You can't beat that.

Followed by a Vitabrownie.


I think I like the chocolate Vitatops more than the brownies.

For dinner, I made some chicken noodle soup with matzo balls and salad with bread.  It was a serious soup day!

I also shared a bag of popcorn with G while we watched The Hangover.  I thought that movie would be funnier.  Don't get me wrong, it was funny, but the way people were talking about it I thought it was going to be pee-your-pants hilarious.

For breakfast I made some French toast and tried to keep it pretty light.

 

Wow that's a lot of syrup.
I also tried a new Chobani: pineapple.


I think I really like the 2% ones more than the 0%.  And pineapple yogurt?  I thought it might be weird, but it was awesome!  I really hope they have these at Wegmans :)

Speaking of Wegmans, today is grocery day!  Can't wait to get through all of my chores for the weekend!  Plus, I've been promised lunch so we'll see where it ends up.

I read this post about Snow Treats yesterday and I'm wondering, do any of you guys do this?  I really want to try it, but I think I'd be afraid of acid snow or something.