Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Trinacria, Downtown Baltimore

I had my heart set on visiting Trinacria for a while now.  First of all, it has amazing reviews online and everyone who I mention it to tells me that it's awesome.  It's also within walking distance of our apartment, so why shouldn't I go?  Plus, it's an Italian market.  That's enough of a reason right there.  So last week, when all of our food was dwindling down in preparation for our traveling home for the holidays, we headed over to Trinacria to see what the fuss was all about.


First we went over around 12:30 and the line was insanely long.  We couldn't even really figure out how to order.  It's funny because the place is in a really desolate part of downtown and there really isn't much going on, but as soon as you walk through the door there are a million people!  We decided to come back later and get a lunch/dinner to go.


We came back around 3:30 and it was still crowded, but we took a number and didn't have to wait too long.  Waiting was actually kind of nice because I got to explore the market.  They have tons of homemade food in the freezers to take, plus homemade breads, a deli, pastas, olives, you name it.  I ordered a fresh mozzarella sandwich and G got a meatball sub.  We also got a piece of Tiramisu.


And this is what we're working with:




The bread was so good and so was the pesto and the mozzarella.  I wasn't crazy about the shredded lettuce on the sandwich (and I don't think it was listed on the menu, either), but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.  G really liked his sub and it was huge!  We didn't even let the tiramisu thaw out, so that says how good that was.  G said he liked it because it didn't have liquor in it, but I kind of like that taste.  It was still very good with the espresso.

All in all, we will definitely be going back.  We're already planning on picking up lasagna and meatballs for New Year's. 

Trinacria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment