Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pushing through and Abbey Burger Bistro.

Hello!  We're almost through the week!  Yippee!  I need to get some plans for the weekend!  Or maybe I'll just use it to catch up on my to-do list :-/


I had an impulse to bake yesterday, so I made some applesauce bread.




It's pretty good, but not the lowest in fat.  I ate some this morning before I worked out and it helped a lot!  Thanks everyone for their suggestions and comments!

Dinner was an impromptu trip to one of my new favorite restaurants since we moved: The Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill.  This was our third time there, and I've loved it every time!  I got a beef burger with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, chili mayo, pickles and onions.  AWESOME sweet potato fries on the side.  And you gotta love the garlic-stuffed olive on top!  It didn't hurt that my parents gave G a gift certificate that we used there last night.  Thanks, Mom and Tad!




Abbey Burger Bistro on Urbanspoon
We wondered over to Dangerously Delicious Pies, but they had closed at 7.  Oh well.  Probably for the best anyway.  Instead, we had No-Pudge brownie with frozen yogurt.




After my workout this morning, I had an english muffin (the whole one this time) with 1/2 pb and 1/2 lemon curd.



My packed lunch/snacks were the leftover lentils and rice from yesterday, tangerine, dried apricots, yogurt, and a Kashi trail mix bar.




Work was really boring today.  Some days are so busy, but this one was not.  I need to find a job for the summer!


For dinner I made fish algiers with parmesan and basil orzo.




This was really good, but I'm starting to feel hungry again.  I think dessert is in order :)

What's your favorite every day dessert or snack?