Monday, March 23, 2009

Grocery shopping therapy.

First off, thank you thank you thank you to everyone who commented or just allowed me to vent on my last post. I really appreciate the support :) I figured out a way to cheer myself up, because today was GROCERY DAY!!!

Kara's Grocery Trip
TRADER JOE'S:
  • Canned garbonzo beans
  • (3) Lara Bars
  • Some daffodils (I decided to treat myself and liven up my desk)
  • Baby spinach
  • (3) bananas
GIANT:
  • (2) Portobella mushroom caps
  • Lite firm tofu
  • (3) Fuji apples
  • Scallions
  • Tomato
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Sweet potato
  • Avocado
  • Vanilla ice cream
  • Decaf English breakfast tea*
  • Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB(!!!)
  • Kashi U Cereal
  • Annie's Whole wheat and white cheddar shells
  • Eggs
  • (4) Chobani
  • Kashi 7 grain rice pilaf*
  • Blueberries
*on sale

Not everything is in the photo because one of my roommates was in the kitchen so I started to put some stuff away so I didn't look like a weirdo (my roommates don't know about the blog). I was surprised that I bought so little. Usually I have much bigger shopping trips. I do have a lot of things already that I need to use up, so I guess I was just keeping those things in mind.

And look at these gorgeous daffodils!! They've already started opening up since I got them home.

In between breakfast and lunch I had an apple and a Cashew Cookie Lara Bar, which is my favorite so far. I also got a tall soy Chai because I was exhausted.

I am TRYING to stay away from caffeine as much as possible, but I really wanted some this morning.

Lunch was a salad of baby spinach, baby carrots, cukes, blueberries, feta, and balsamic vinaigrette.

AND a half sandwich of just whole grain bread and CINNAMON RAISIN PEANUT BUTTER.

I have been holding myself back from buying any more nut butter until I use some up (I now have 4 open jars...) but I can only resist for so long. And it was so worth it. I didn't get any raisins in this one, but it was delicious and had great texture. Also has less calories than regular peanut butter. Hmmmm.

Blog news:
Be sure to check out julie golean's giveaway of some of her favorite things! I love her blog and I think this giveaway is awesome!

I need to get some things together for my evening class at 4pm. It's my least favorite class, but I'll probably bring my computer with me and occupy myself. Shhhh :) Have a good rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. love your purchases.. especially the cinnamon raisin swirl pb!! that & mighty maple are my favssss :)

    pretty daffodils.. they brighten up my day!

    the cashew cookie larabar is in my top favs also!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh PB & Co. Cinnamon Raisin PB...excellent choice...it's soo delicious!! No problem about the venting girlie, we all need to do it sometimes! And you have good reason...those decisions are tough!

    Haha I too have 4 open nut butter jars... *blush* PB is just too good to stick to one kind right!?

    ;)

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole post made me really jealous!
    I LOVE grocery shopping!
    I love those flowers! (its still too cold in NY to even see beginnings of flowers)
    I love all that food you whipped up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you taking pictures of your food??

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY TJ's! So good. The cinnamon raisin PB and Co is next on my list of nut butters to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh flowers always brighten up a room. I love them.

    And cinnamon raisin PB has to my favorite nut butter as of right now.

    ReplyDelete