Sunday, February 7, 2010

Staying sane.

I am amazingly not going completely stir-crazy right now.  I haven't been out of our apartment since Thursday, but I've been getting a lot done and watching movies (Anyone seen Food Inc. or Rachel Getting Married?  I liked both.).  We've gotten a little bit bored, and done things like tried to see what the dog looks like with glasses:


 

But other than that I've been pretty good.  I'm actually proud of myself that I haven't eaten constantly.  I'm not the best at controlling myself when I'm bored.  I've been trying to drink a lot of water instead and that seems to work.

I had some leftover meatballs and marinara for lunch yesterday with bowties.  Gotta eat all the leftovers!  Nothing can go to waste!


And I'm still working on the pumpkin flax bread.  I don't think that G has been eating it at all.


Dinner was a tomato. mozzarella, pesto panini and a cup of tomato soup.  I was amazed at how good the mozzarella and pesto were.  I love when you can get good flavors like that at home.


I also had a brownie last night, but I figured your sick of seeing them ;)

Breakfast was the ULTIMATE snowed in Sunday meal-- banana pancakes.  These got some Smart Balance and syrup, of course.

My roads are still covered in snow so it looks like we're not going anywhere for a while.  Hopefully they'll be cleared today because I'm on call tomorrow!  Plus I'd really like to go grocery shopping at some point.

Oh yeah isn't there some big football game on today?  It's crazy how much people have not been talking about it because of the snow.  I think a lot of restaurants will be losing a lot of business, either because they aren't opening or people aren't leaving the house.  What are your plans for the big game?  We're probably watching the Puppy Bowl.