Saturday, February 6, 2010

SnOMG.

We woke up to about 20" of snow this morning and it's still coming down hard!  I have never seen anything like this.  It's definitely interesting with the puppy.  He loves it! 


Yesterday I had some yogurt flakes cereal as a snack.




And a Powerhouse Salad with my champagne and pear dressing instead of the one that it comes with.


And did you know that yesterday was National Nutella Day?  It was a great excuse for an afternoon snack of a mini bagel with Nutella.  Mmmm.


And then I got a little bit adventurous for dinner.  I had seen a lot of magazine and blog features on polenta lately, and I really wanted to try something with it!  I wanted to play it a little safe in case we didn't like it.  I made some marinara sauce with this recipe (I used more garlic and added 1T of brown sugar).  Then I made some turkey meatballs and grilled the polenta for about 5 min on each side (I used the kind in tube form from TJ"s).  Topped with parmesan and it looked like this:


This was so yummy!  And it was a really great alternative for pasta (only 70 cals per serving).  I have a lot of polenta left so you'll probably be seeing it again!

My wonderful brownie for dessert.

 

I wanted something comforting for breakfast, so I made Cream of Wheat with brown sugar, vanilla, flax, and cinnamon.  Plus a little bit of Smart Balance on top.


And I just had a blueberry wheat bran muffin from TJ's.

 

G thinks that we don't have any food in the house and that we need to go to McDonald's or 7-11 for lunch.  I disagree.  We have a ton of food for today.  Maybe tomorrow, but I still doubt it.  Maybe I can get some snow pics for later.
Question:  I'm thinking about getting a smart phone.  Anyone have one?  I'm a little concerned about the data plan and don't know if it's worth it.