Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back in the game.

I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get back into the swing of this! I haven't taken food pics in months or had to think about writing. It's very strange. I want to play catch-up and talk about what I've been doing since May, but I think that's going to have to come bit by bit.

We went to see Where the Wild Things Are last night. It was pretty okay. It really wasn't a kids' movie in my opinion. Pretty serious and deep. I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but it was definitely interesting. I slept in this morning and then needed to get up to start studying for the 3 midterms I have this week. Breakfast was a whole wheat english muffin with PB.

Lunch was leftover from Friday night. I've made this lemon pepper shrimp pasta like 4 times in the past 6 weeks. It's good, but I make it more for G.

We went for a much needed grocery shop at Wegmans (I love Wegmans!). Loaded up on a lot of stuff. I'm definitely trying to think a little more healthy. I haven't really gotten too bad, but I'd like to get some more fruits and veggies and less artificial stuff. Since we moved, I've been trying to plan dinners out for the week to make shopping a little smoother and less wasteful. So far it's worked pretty well! It's nice to live with another person who will eat the leftovers :)

I was super hungry when we got back from the store. I had some Kashi crackers (sort of like Triscuits) with Laughing Cow.

For dinner, I made a recipe that I found in Every Day with Rachael Ray in the November issue called Cheesy Rice Fritters. The recipe that they have has a LOT of cheese and oil, so I cut both in half and used turkey bacon instead of real bacon as the recipe had called for.

They turned out pretty well! The fritters are served on top of sauteed spinach with red pepper flakes. We also had a couple of little crescent rolls.

My snack was a bowl of dry Raisin Bran Extra.

This is an okay cereal, but Raisin Bran really has a lot of sugar and addititives that don't need to be there!

Alright, that felt a little foreign, but it'll all come back to me! Thanks to you guys for sticking with me :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job! I had that pb english muffin for breakfast today too! :)

    ReplyDelete