Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ryleigh's Oyster, Federal Hill

I have been all about Groupons since I discovered the site. Even when it's a restaurant that I haven't really had that much interest in, I'm still all about getting the Groupon if it looks decent and worth trying it out. That's pretty much what happened with Ryleigh's Oyster. I mean, who could pass up $50 worth of food for $25?

We went on a Saturday night, so I'm not sure if our experience was typical. It was super crowded and we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. The service was pretty shotty-- the hostesses were rude and the servers were hard to come by. We both got the cream of crab soup to start. It was really good; it had that good sweetness to it. Probably not as much crab as I would have liked, but sometimes that's to be expected. For dinner, I got the chicken pot pie. It was different than any other I have ever had. It was basically comfort food at its finest. Instead of a creamy filling, it was more just mashed potatoes with chicken and veggies with the pastry crust over it. It was really yummy. G got the crab cake sandwich and it was also quite good.

For dessert we got the creme brulee and the chocolate mousse. The mousse was a little rich for me, but it came with a delicious cookie. G was crazy about it. The creme brulee was pretty standard, but that kind of standard is always welcome!

Overall, the food was very good. No, we didn't get oysters, but people seemed to be enjoying theirs. The service could definitely be better, though, and be prepared to wait.

Ryleigh's Oyster Bar on Urbanspoon