Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meh-food weekend.

Hey blog world.  It's the end of the weekend and I am not too happy about it.  I'm excited to watch Worst Chefs in America tonight (anyone else watching it), but not excited about my first full week back to classes.  Yuck.  I haven't been eating the most healthy foods and I've been pretty snacky over the weekend, so hopefully getting back into my routine will help with that.


Yesterday I had a tangerine and a soup (Savory Morrocan Stew that I got the recipe from Women's Health), lite Caesar salad, and bread (x2).




Later on I had a chocolate peanut butter chip Vitatop.


I liked it because it wasn't overly rich, but it has enough chocolate to satisfy the craving.  Yumm.  I just wish they were a little less expensive :(


For dinner, I tried my Crock Pot again.  We weren't too impressed.  I made apricot chicken with egg noodles and broccoli.




Everything that I make in there ends up tasting the same.  I have a couple more recipes that I want to try out, but that might be the end of the Crock Pot after that.


Ollie has been giving us a really hard time over the past couple of days.  A lot of barking and jumping.  People must think we're horrible pet-owners because I don't think they realize he's still a puppy.
 


This morning I made apple pancakes with this recipe.



This is the second time that I have made them and I really love them!

We went out to Wegmans for lunch/grocery shopping.  I tried the corn and crab chowder and the salad bar this time.



I really don't know if I'm crazy about their bars.  The salad was good, but nothing really special.  Maybe this was just meant to be a sub-par food weekend.

Dinner was buffalo sloppy joes with Old Bay waffle fries.




Plus I just ate a "creme brulee" that I made from a kit that I got from Whole Foods, but my camera's battery died.  Only about 1/2 of the sugar caramelized before I got too scared that they would catch on fire under the broiler.  A little too eggy for me.  Wonder what G will think of them...

Have a lovely week!  And everyone going back to school tomorrow, I feel for you!