Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baba's Mediterranean Kitchen



Like I said, dinner last night was awesome.  G had been wanting to find a place for kabobs because he misses the one that we go to back home.  Baba's Mediterranean Kitchen had gotten really good online reviews, so I decided we needed to give it a try and we really weren't disappointed.

We got carryout and it was prepared in about 15-20 minutes-- pretty fast for a Friday night.  The actual restaurant is really cute inside and has great atmosphere.  I saw people drinking a bottle of wine (BYOB) and they looked really cozy.  The kitchen is open-air and small.  It was neat to see them cooking.

Back home, we dug into our food.  I ordered the Med-ley Plate with olives and feta, dolmas, spanikopita, hummus, and falafel.




Everything on this was great.  The hummus is out of this world and so fresh.  I would go back just for that.  The falafel was a little dry, but that also might have been from it being carryout.

For dinner we both got the chicken kabob and rice.



I just can't eat that much meat in one sitting, so I only ate 2 of the pieces.  The sauce on this was really tangy and good and I really liked the rice. 

And the grand finale:  baklava!  This was really delicious and also fresh.



I will definitely be trying Baba's again.  The people there were really friendly and the rest of their menu looks fanstastic.  Definitely recommend it!

Baba's Mediterranean Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment