Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Research shmesearch.

Oh goodness. I always get to a point when I'm studying for something that I don't enjoy (like Research Methods) in which I just stop being able to care about it. I just want to take the exam and hope for the best, because I can't spend another minute trying to remember the advantages of using different methods of data collection... Seriously, one of the reasons that I became interested in pursuing a MSW in the first place is that it involves NO RESEARCH!

For the day, I packed a lovely array of lunch/snacks:

Turkey sandwich with spinach, tomato and hummus, Honey Oikos with cereal, apple, and Cherry Pie Lara Bar. Mmmm Mmmm and MMMMM! The Oikos isn't as good as the Chobani, but I still like it. And the Lara Bars are not failing to impress. Must. Find. More.

After class was a 30 minute stationary bike ride, 15 min elliptical, and 20 minute walk. Not too strenuous since I've been working out pretty consistently.

Yoga was nice today. My entire body is sore and achy and I've been tired all day, so the practice was a little more challenging than it probably would have been otherwise. We also set up the room in a sort of arena set up, so that the instructor was in the middle and we were kind of staring at each other. A little awkward. Has anyone experienced this before?

I had been planning on making a tofu curry, but my tofu turned for the worse. It ended up being a very nice veggie curry, with potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini.

And a side of naan with smart balance.

I wanted something sweet pretty much immediately after:

After some [not so] vigilant studying, I payed Ben and Jerry another visit.

Heavenly.

But now I have come to the end of what I can will myself to do for the night. Hopefully my rest is more restorative and my exam goes well tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment